Introducing Our New Venture

All About Books Global
Got a Book you wish to get reviewed?

Click here and fill up

Sunday, March 7, 2010

a quiet thing for the quiet man

Bought this one along with the teddy. Stitched it with equal zeal, but instead of gifting it to my father, I gave it to an aunt who was suffering from cancer. She had come to the city for treatment, and I would sit beside her ailing bed and stitch. She left for her hometown after the day I gave it to her. and died within a month. She was in the last stage.

Years went passed, and I was again looking for this design in the embroidery shops, found it and again finished it off. And finally presented it to my baba (dad) on his birthday.

swan:

2 comments:

A Mother Always said...

A present that is the work of your hand is always a beautiful highly prized gift indeed.

BM

Ninu said...

all your long stitch projects are beautiful.. I also love long stitch kits.. thanks for the comment on my blog
luv
ninu :)